NO leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2016

Old January 14th 16, 01:11 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav

Default NO leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2016

On 2016-01-11 09:38, Sam Wormley wrote:

NO leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2016.

Robbed of a break again. And I have to work on Feb 29.

*******s.

--
"But I am somehow extraordinarily lucky, for a guy with ****ty luck."
..Harrison Ford, Rolling Stone - 2015-12-02
Old January 14th 16, 01:07 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
J. J. Lodder

Sam Wormley wrote:

NO leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2016.

Troll test failed,

Jan
Old January 14th 16, 10:06 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav

On 2016-01-14 08:07, J. J. Lodder wrote:
Sam Wormley wrote:

NO leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2016.

Troll test failed,

You failed, actually.

http://datacenter.iers.org/eop/-/somos/5Rgv/latest/16

Old January 15th 16, 08:59 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
J. J. Lodder

On 2016-01-14 08:07, J. J. Lodder wrote:
Sam Wormley wrote:

NO leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2016.

Troll test failed,

You failed, actually.

You are as good as Alice: You can see nobody in the road,

Jan
Old January 15th 16, 01:29 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav

On 2016-01-14 08:07, J. J. Lodder wrote:
Sam Wormley wrote:

NO leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2016.

Troll test failed,

You failed, actually.

You are as good as Alice: You can see nobody in the road,

Jan

I really have no clue as to what you're inferring. Sam posted an
accurate post and you accused him of trolling. I provide a link to the
source and you post the drivel above.

Maybe you need some downtime.

Old January 15th 16, 03:26 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
J. J. Lodder

On 2016-01-14 08:07, J. J. Lodder wrote:
Sam Wormley wrote:

NO leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2016.

Troll test failed,

You failed, actually.

You are as good as Alice: You can see nobody in the road,

Jan

I really have no clue as to what you're inferring. Sam posted an
accurate post and you accused him of trolling. I provide a link to the
source and you post the drivel above.

Maybe you need some downtime.

Perhaps you need.
The reference was to our home troll being dead, apparently.
In the past he promptly reacted to any mention made by Sam,
(of the subject we shall no further mention to avoid waking him)

Jan

Old January 15th 16, 05:17 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav

On 2016-01-14 08:07, J. J. Lodder wrote:
Sam Wormley wrote:

NO leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2016.

Troll test failed,

You failed, actually.

You are as good as Alice: You can see nobody in the road,

Jan

I really have no clue as to what you're inferring. Sam posted an
accurate post and you accused him of trolling. I provide a link to the
source and you post the drivel above.

Maybe you need some downtime.

Perhaps you need.
The reference was to our home troll being dead, apparently.
In the past he promptly reacted to any mention made by Sam,
(of the subject we shall no further mention to avoid waking him)

If there is such a troll active I probably have it killfiled so I
wouldn't notice it even if it posted.

I certainly don't go around baiting them as you seem eager to do.

Ignore trolls. Don't reply to them. Don't mention them. That is their
oxygen.

Old January 15th 16, 06:00 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Sam Wormley[_2_]

On 1/14/16 7:07 AM, J. J. Lodder wrote:
Sam Wormley wrote:

NO leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2016.

Troll test failed,

Jan

Hi Jan -- Over the years, I have regularly posted notices from IERS
wrt leap second dates or the lack thereof, as some GPS receivers were
to be watched, in terms of handling leap seconds.

This is probably not a concern with modern receivers -- Most
everything (mapping and navigation), I now do with my iPhone.

Overlaying position and direction on Apple Maps, Google Map and
terrain and topo maps is fast, accurate and free for the cost of the
iPhone and perhaps the minimal cost of an app or two.

My iPhone also incorporates GLONASS sats, and I expect Galileo sats to
be added in future generations.

At any rate, no leap second this summer.

Best regards,
-Sam

--

sci.physics is an unmoderated newsgroup dedicated
to the discussion of physics, news from the physics

Old January 29th 16, 08:15 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
oriel36[_2_]

Sam Wormley wrote:

[...]

I see a few others looking for attention as 'killfiles' in an unmoderated forum is as comical as it gets and besides, no point in dealing with an incompetent person.

I give you all the narrative which uses an external astronomical reference for the leap day and then moves it on to the 24 hour system and the Lat/Long system where the 'average' 24 hour day substitutes for 'constant' rotation at exactly 15 degrees of rotation per hour and once in 24 hours.

http://www.gautschy.ch/~rita/archast...liacsirius.JPG

I wouldn't expect dull academics to get the use of the most important reference which locks in the Earth's orbital position in space nor the supreme intelligence of the original timekeeping astronomers who used the dawn appearance of Sirius to discern of days per year over a four year period nor its dynamical equivalent of 1461 rotations per 4 orbital circuits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeQwYrfmvoQ

".. on account of the procession of the rising of Sirius by one day in the course of 4 years,.. therefore it shall be, that the year of 360 days and the 5 days added to their end, so one day shall be from this day after every 4 years added to the 5 epagomenae before the new year" Canopus Decree 238 BC

Ah, to keep company with these great men while this forum and its incompetence creatures can't manage to get the proportion of rotations to orbital circuits right -

" During one orbit around the Sun, Earth rotates about its own axis 366.26 times"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth

None of you are ashamed of yourselves but that is not my problem so killfile away as if I cared.